Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Testamony



This Easter season, we take the opportunity to affirm our personal testimonies of the reality of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. We are grateful for the fact that our mission gives us the opportunity to join with all of our missionaries in declaring: “He lives.”

We know that the resurrection of Jesus was an essential part of His sacrifice and vicarious suffering on our behalf and on behalf of all of Heavenly Father’s children. We join with the poets in declaring;

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me
Confused at the grace that so fully He proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me He was crucified,
That for me a sinner he suffered and bled and died.

I marvel that He would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That He should extend his great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.

I think of His hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.

Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful,
Wonderful to me.
(Hymns, #193)

He is risen! He is risen!
Tell it out with joyful voice.
He has burst his three days’ prison;
Let the whole wide earth rejoice.
Death is conquered; man is free
Christ has won the victory.

Come with high and holy hymning;
Chant our Lord’s triumphant lay.
Not one dark-some cloud is dimming
Yonder glorious morning ray,
Breaking o’er the purple east,
Symbol of our Easter feast.

He is risen! He is risen!
He hath opened heaven’s gate.
We are free from sin’s dark prison,
Risen to a holier state.
And a brighter Easter beam
On our longing eyes shall stream.
(Hymns, 199)

We love this season. We joyfully join with all Christendom in celebrating the hope which comes to all of us because of the atonement and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

We invite all persons to share in this hope and to receive His love and grace.

With love,
The Berretts

No comments:

Post a Comment